Measuring your belt size
HOW TO MEASURE FOR YOUR BELT – PLEASE FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY:
- Do not measure an old belt, as this will often be twisted or misshaped.
- Do not use your jean or trouser waist size.
- Measure your belt size while wearing the trousers or jeans you intend to wear with your new belt, Thread a flexible measuring tape through the empty belt loops. Use the tape measure as though it were a belt. (If you do not have a flexible tape, click here to contact us with your name and address so we can send you a paper measuring tape.)
- Hold the tape measure taut, take an exact measurement and write it down.
- Once Charlie has received your order and payment he will contact you by email or phone. Please have your exact belt size ready for him as this is required before he can start to make your belt.
- He will punch 5 oval shaped holes at one-inch intervals, the centre hole matching the belt size you have supplied.
- If you would like more or less than 5 holes please discuss this with him.
- My belts are made so they end on your hip with an English point. The overall length of the belt will be the measurement you provide plus 25%.
- If you require an extra large belt there is no extra charge. In this case though the leather hide may not be long enough for the belt to finish on the hip.
MEASURE THE SIZE OF BELT LOOPS:
- Most Mongoose Moon belts fit well with jeans but it is always wise to check the internal size of the belt loops on your trousers or jeans. The loops need to easily accommodate the width of your chosen belt, plus possibly 3 thicknesses of your choice of leather. This is especially important if the loops are positioned close to the front zipper, all styles of trousers and jeans vary. Click here to contact us if you need to know the exact thickness of the leather hide that will be used for your belt as you do not want your belt to fit too tightly within your trouser loops.